Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yesterday I finished cutting out all the squares for my coworker's baby's quilt.  Today I started sewing them together.  Tomorrow I am going with a friend to a quilt shop about an hour away.  Friday is a federal holiday, so I don't have to work.  For some reason my boss at my part time job also gave me the day off, so I am planning to complete the rag quilt for my coworker.

I have made progress on my dad's Christmas present, which is a cross-stitched picture of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen.  I would say I have it about 1/2 done.  The hard part with the similar grays is about complete, so then it's onto the mermaid herself, some water, (which is rippling lines and not a complete fill in) and the sun.  Pictures will come later.

I have several embroider projects perculating, but I need to finish the baby quilt and at least my dad's cross-stitch picture before I begin another one.  I am also contemplating between a cross-stitch picture for my mom, which is about a 1/4 done or a Christmas tree wall hanging that I put some of my grandmother's costume jewelry on.

We also have several pins that either my grandfather or great-grandfather won in track.  I am trying to formulate a plan in my head to display these as well.  They are getting closer, but I have several other things which need to be completed before I can start sketching those out.

I made pages of a book for my niece about 8 months ago- the handwork was done by her birthday in April, but I have to sew the pages together yet, so that will be a Christmas gift for her.  I will have to figure out how to attach rickrack, which will represent waves, but I am trying to determine the best way to assemble the book- do I use grommets and rings, or do I sew it together as a regular book is?  I'm not sure.  I have another book in the works for her, which will be an ABC book of Disney characters.  I have all the pieces I think I will need to applique them, but that book is still in the design stages.  I think on this one, I will put an index in the back so my brother and sister-in-law will know which movies the characters came from.  (My brother is not as up on his Disney as I am.)

I think that is all for now, and I will try to post pictures this weekend.  My dad is going to give me a portable storage device, so I'm hoping that will free up enough room on my computer to download all my pictures.


Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment