Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's finished... but not quite....

I was doing a baby gift for a friend.  It had horses I embroidered.  It was really cute.  I liked it.  I was sewing, ragging it as I went.  I completed it.  I was going to give it to her.  I noticed a corner coming undone.  I fixed it... until she washed it.  Unfortunately as I was sewing it, I think my sewing machine malfunctioned.  Since tomorrow is a federal holiday, my machine is going into the shop and I am borrowing my mom's, so that when my friend returns home, I can retrieve said quilt and re-do it.  I'm not sure I ever want to do another project for sale again.  Yes- she paid me for it, and now I feel really, really bad.  She is the easy come, easy go, type of gal, and since I'm fixing it, I don't think she has a problem with it.  I'm just sad/disappointed/frustrated that said stitches didn't hold up.  My machine made a funny noise, and I should have stopped, but I was on a deadline and wanted it done.  I looked at the stitches- I was cutting to them- as I was sewing them.  They looked like they were locking, but obviously something was wrong.  We'll see what happens when my machine goes to the shop.

Which puts a damper on my plans for tomorrow.  My mom and I got some really pretty quilted fabric in Germany this fall and I was planning on making my Mom's vest tomorrow.  I have her machine, but I have now officially lost all my sewing mojo for the day.  We shall see.  It doesn't help that the Nebraska women's basketball team and the Packers both lost, but oh well.  At least I can root for Prince next weekend against the 49ers.  On the plus side, I did get a lot of my living room cleaned up so I can vacuum tomorrow.  There are also only 34 days until pitchers and catchers start reporting... ah baseball, please come soon.

After this run on ramble, I need to get back to organizing my fabrics, so more later.  I will also figure out how to make my computer and blog happy to post pictures again.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment