Saturday, September 3, 2011

Baby Shower

So... I didn't get the quilt complete before the shower.  Life sometimes gets in the way.  I have completely finished the embroidery on one block.  I didn't like the last 3 blocks- 2 were repeat animals and the 3rd looked like the animal was going to fall over, so I got my baby feet finished in it.  I have started on the eyes.  They should go fairly quickly.  I have decided to satin stitch them because one of my managers has convinced me that I will ruin my blocks if I try to paint on them.  Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't, I'm not gonna risk it.  With my mom's help, I have completely cut out another quilt and got the pieces pinned together.  When you rag a quilt, it goes much faster.  Right now I'm all about speed.  I should have 2 quilts completely finished by Monday afternoon since it is a federal holiday in the U.S.  That means I don't have to work Monday morning.  I do have to work Monday afternoon, but since it's time and a half, it's alright.  If I finish my both my quilts Monday, I will post more pictures.  I cannot decide if I want to embroidery the last quilt or if I just want to sew flannel squares together.  We shall see.  I also don't know what I will do at work on Tuesday if I get all of my quilts finished.  I do have a couple of other embroidery projects already started, one of which is a BOM ornament set.  I have them about 1/2 complete.  I will talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment