Thursday, August 25, 2011

How it's going...

I have completed one block, with another 3/4 of the way complete.  I have purchased the marker/paint I am going to use for the eyes.  I was looking at the last block and decided I did not like the way it looked, so I am turning it into my quilt label.... kind of...  I am going to put Baby Last Name, September 2011 with baby footprints.  On the back I will probably put my name and my place of residency.  I'm hoping this last block goes really fast so I can quilt it and put it together Saturday night.  Hm... at least there are several baseball games all evening so I will have something to watch while I do this.  I'm figuring I will have 8 hours to cut and sew and cut.  Then I will paint the eyes on Sunday evening.  I will take it with me to the baby shower hosts and wash it (several times) as I help prepare our baby shower food.  We'll see how well I do.  It IS Thursday, after all, but I still have 5 breaks and 2 lunches to complete this project.  Next up is the baby animals again, only this time in all boy colors.  The other couples either know what they are having or have already had the baby.  I'm not sure I ever want to do 15 embroidered blocks in one month again.  Although, it does keep me busy during breaks and lunches.  Not to mention meetings, ball games, and other places where I have 5-10 minutes of down time.  I will post more about the pattern I used after I have all the animals sewn together in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment