Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pictures!

Even though it's been a week, I am still a little behind.  However, I was refiguring my math and realized that if I made all of the embroidered blocks I was going to make, this baby quilt was going to be huge!  So, I did some recalculating and realized I only needed a total of 30 blocks, 5 across and 6 down.  That means I only need 15 embroidered blocks, so I have to complete 3 more.  I haven't done the eyes yet, I'm not sure how I'm going to do them.  I'm contemplating coloring the eyes and then outlining them with the stem stitch I've used on the rest of the animals.  I hate satin stitch, so I really don't want to use it.  I can not get my tension even.  So, here we go with some pics:




This one is my favorite.







I am planning on quilting around the animals with 12 weight sulky cotton thread.  The other 15 blocks are flannel with X's through them.  The finished quilt should be about 42.5 by 51.  (That's the hope, anyway.)
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment