Saturday, August 13, 2011

Week from Eschatological Unmentionable

It's been a little while.  I finished 3 blocks, so this week was a fail.  However, I work a full time job and a retail part time job.  It was inventory week, so I logged a total of 64.5 hours at a place of employment.  If I throw in the drive time, I lost 5.5 hours there, so even though I only finished 3, it was not a complete loss.  Anyway....

I was going to take pictures of my "completed" blocks, but when I went to turn on the camera, the battery was dead.  I have an Olympus camera with a special battery.  I am also not the best housekeeper in the world, and had lost my charger.  After looking for it for 4 days, I have finally found it.  So, said camera battery is now charging.  I'm hoping to take pics tomorrow evening and post around Monday night.  I did score a new foot for my sewing machine, which is a Baby Lock Crafter's Choice.  I got the machine freehand quilting foot.  I also got some quilting thread.  We'll see how this goes.

For 2 of the baby quilts I am embroidering 1/2 of the blocks on a white flannel.  That's 24 blocks per quilt.  For the 3rd I am embroidering 5 blocks and my mother is machine appliqueing 5 blocks with 10 blocks left in the cute print we found at a chain store.  (They're baby quilts.  Babies eat, sleep, poop, and throw up.  That's why I don't feel bad using chain store fabric.  For more on this topic, I suggest you listen to Sandy at Quilting for the Rest of Us.)  Back onto topic...  I am ragging these quilts because I like to use a medium loft polyester batting to support my embroidery and haven't figured out how to do it on individual blocks before assembly the entire quilt.  I am going to free motion around the embroidery because I don't think I will like a square around my embroidered blocks when I am creating my quilt sandwiches.

So, I guess it wasn't a complete fail, and next week I have 2 evenings opening up, I should be able to make up for the loss this week.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment